If we talk about fitness today, no doubt we are surrounded by a multitude of options. There are personal trainers, gyms, individual classes, and home gym machines, people have their own preferences. However, the most common choice amongst these is home gym equipment. Above all, working out in the serenity and ease of your home really cannot be compared with anything else.
What Is An Air-Walker Exercise Machine?
Air walkers are quite similar to elliptical trainers. The air walker imitates a walking or jogging motion through pedals that move in a smooth, arched path. Dissimilar to elliptical trainers, which generally have various resistance levels and incline settings, air walkers usually function at one standard setting.
Although Air Walker proffers fewer opportunities for you to customize your workout, they propose a variety of advantages. Variety of Air-Walker Exercises
1. Aerobic Exercise:
Air walkers can help you achieve your weekly exercise goals. For adults 150 minutes of moderate aerobic exercise is recommended weekly. Regular aerobic exercise lower your cholesterol, lessen your risk of obesity, help you manage your weight, elevates your heart rate, improve your mood, boost your energy and promote deeper sleep.
2. Full-Body Workout:
Air walkers focus on muscles in your legs as well as in your arms. Majority of air walkers comes with ski poles that you can pull or push with your arms while exercising. Your abdominal muscles work as stabilizing muscles when you maintain an upright posture on the machine, and thus provides you a moderate workout.
3. Low Impact:
It is recommended that osteoporosis patients and people with other limiting physical conditions should perform low-impact, weight-bearing exercises to make stronger bones. Air walking is a great source of low-impact exercises then other forms of weight-bearing aerobic exercise such as jogging, running or walking.
Almost all air walker models fold up, so you can store them in a closet, under a bed or in a tight space. The reason Air Walker is more convenient for home use is its easy storage, air walker is easier to keep in home than the bulkier elliptical trainer or treadmill. Cost of air walker is also less than other home cardio equipment.
How to Use an Air Walker Machine?
An air walker allows you to work on upper and lower parts of your body simultaneously, it works as a cross trainer exercise machine. Air walker is simple and easy to use:
Take support from handlebars and step onto the flat foot pedals. Place one foot at a time and make sure that you feel balanced before you start your workout.
Select the workout level you wish to use by turning on the monitor. The air walker also collect other information such as the time, repetitions, and burnt calories.
Keep your hands on handlebars and move your legs forward and backward. This will increase your heart rate making your heart to work harder to pump blood into your arms and legs.
Once your calorie and time goals have been reached, slow your pace down. Keep your arms and legs moving and at the same time allow your breathing to return to normal.
Keeping your hands firmly on the handrail then step off the air walker slowly by moving one foot at a time. After the exercise stretches out your muscles. This stretching will increase blood flow to your muscles which can help to speed recovery in case of any injury.
How to Get Best Air Walker Exercise Machine?
1. The Material of Air-Walker Machine:
The most important factor of consideration before buying good air walker machine is its material. The material should be sturdy, durable and strong. Most of these machines are generally made up of metal. When purchasing the air walker machine always look out for steel material as steel is known for its strength and elasticity.
2. Price of an Air Walker:
No matter which equipment you are buying for your home gym price should be reasonable and budget friendly. There are a variety of air walkers available with different prices, depending upon the quality, stability, and material used.
Consider the best quality machine if you are economically strong do not compromise on the quality of the product.
3. Quality and Durability:
The cheap quality of power in air walkers can easily be broken and could be responsible for injuries and can damage thousands of dollars if it is not taken seriously. In order to be secure and safe, you must rely on high-quality brands. Durability proves that the machine is worth of the money value you paid for it.
4. Stability of an Air Walker:
Stability is such a prime factor of the air walker machine. If you choose lightweight air walker machine you will soon realize that it is hard to maintain a balance and difficult to hold weight which would make your workout really painful.
5. Size and Shape:
Before buying the air walker check the size of the room in which you plan to place an air walker. There are so many options in the market, air walker comes in different shapes and sizes. You can pick an air walker according to your requirement.
Doctors mostly suggest air walker machine because it is safer, it gives a low impact on the joint and enhances blood circulation in the body. It is designed to deliver effects like walking or jogging.
Checkout Our Article on:: What is the Air Walker of 2019? Cable Air Walker Buying Guide for You!
9 Best Air Walkers Exercise Machine – Buying Guide
Here, we have listed some of the best air walkers, these are a type of gym equipment and is also suited for home use. Check these reviews to decide which air walker matches your need, mood, and desires.
This air walk is a compact and budget-friendly fitness aid that delivers a low-impact workout, allied to that of an elliptical machine.
- It provides a serious and comfortable cardio workout for full body toning
- The product comes with an abdominal support pad which act as a cushion to press your upper body part
- The computer of the airwalk provides time, total distance, count, calories.
- The weight capacity of this equipment is 220 LB and machine itself weighs 37lbs
- The dimensions of this machine measure 28″ x 16.5″ x 57″(L*W*H)
- This model is an excellent value for money and especially suit people on a tight budget.
- In this machine, the exerciser’s feet never leave the pedals of the machine thus it eliminates the pounding and stress associated with some other forms of exercise. This feature makes it a perfect choice for anyone suffering from back or joint pain
- The quality of this air walk trainer is quite higher than one can predict for the price. It is light but still stronger than most alike machines. Most air walkers can support around three times their weight whereas this air walker can almost support more than six times its weight.
- The equipment is very comfortable to use, Moving the pedals back and forth is quite easy as it does not have built-in resistance.
- Its lightweight and compact size make it very portable. You will have no problem moving it to the place you want to work out and then, after your workout, you can move it back to the storage space.
- You can easily fold Sunny Air Walk Trainer by removing the locking pin then fold the machine back onto itself and lift the foot pads up.
- It arrives partially assembled. Completing the assembly of this equipment will only take around 15 minutes. All the required tools you are included.
Gazelle supreme machine is one of the most stable air walker machines, it provides 10 different workouts in one and delivers excellent cardio training to people of all ages.
- This tighten and tone almost all major muscle group in your body
- The machine can smoothly transform from a slow walk to full run without any sudden stops
- Gazelle Supreme is a patented, dual-action air walker with split suspension.
- It delivers a complete range of motion and freedom of movement
- The product comes with a soft glide technology, this technology reduces the impact on your joints.
- Gazelle Supreme offers a 12-month warranty.
- This machine has a product weight of 57.5lbs and can bear load up to 300 lbs.
- The dimensions are 44″ L x 31.5″ W x 55″ H
- The power pistons feature of this air walker machine controls the strength of the workout. Hydraulic resistance allows you to do challenging workouts with a high-calorie burn.
- This air walker combines aerobic and resistance exercise and has very huge, skid-resistant foot platforms for high constancy. This way it can help the body in many ways without giving the joints any undue stress.
- The handlebars of this equipment come with a heart rate monitor which tracks the pulse rate and screen shows the time spent in work out, along with the distance covered, speed, and the number of calories you have burned.
- The machine can be folded and fit to small pieces, it can be stored in a closet or it can be stored under a bed with legs that are almost 10 inches long. Transport wheels enable this equipment to be wheeled away for storage.
- This air walker has a water bottle holder which can contain 22oz of liquid. Comes with non-slip wide footrests that makes workout safe and comfortable.
Fitness reality multi-Direction cloud walker is one of the best machines and provides excellent cardiovascular workouts.
- Fitness Reality Cloud Walker offers the 36-inch full range of motion step length to enhance weight loss and calorie burns
- It provides specific 180-degree range of motion for leg exercises
- To improve confine muscles this comes with backward, forward and side to side leg stretches
- The dimensions of Fitness reality multi-Direction cloud walker are 17” L x 20” W x 52” H
- The maximum weight capacity of this machine is 225 lbs.
- To prevent slippage it comes with large ribbed foot pads
- It has dual action arms which provide upper body workout.
- This air walker machine offers suitable height, ranges between 4’10 inch to 6′. It is also super silent for listening to music or watching television.
- The product comes with an LCD computer which shows burned calories, distance, step count, time and heart pulse
- It can fold for storage to 1/2 the width and can easily be moved from room to room through its transportation wheels
- This equipment enhances the flexibility of the body. Fitness Reality Cloud Walker gives ZERO impact on your back, ankles, feet and knees during workout
4. Pro Gear Freedom 48” Stride Air Walker:
Pro Gear Freedom Air Walker gives no impact on ankles, knees and leg joints and delivers a magnificent cardiovascular workout.
- • This machine provides a 48-inch full range of motion step length
• It comes with anti-slip paint support handlebar which precludes hands from slipping during the exercise
• Pro Gear Freedom Air Walker has a 1.5-inch durable powder coated steel tube support frame
• This air walker machine gives a significant increase in weight loss and calorie burn
• Dimensions of this versatile air walker are 42″L x 4″W X 46″H
- This air walker is really easy to handle and has six resistance levels with reliable stress cords.
- It offers transportation wheels and can simply move from one place. This can also easily be folded and stored in a closet, beneath a bed or the corner of a room.
- Pro Gear Freedom Air Walker is known to be the most durable machine because of its 6 tension cords.
- The equipment helps you to stretch your leg muscles by enhancing flexibility and has modifiable 2” thick foam
- stomach support pad which makes the workout comfortable as well as safe.
This Goplus Air Walker is an absolutely amazing machine for indoor walking and exercising.
- • It is made of high quality, solid and durable steel frame
• The LCD display of the machine shows time, total distance, calories burned and count
• The dimension of this air walker is 52.4’’ x 28’’ x 41.7’’(L x W x H) whereas dimensions of folded air walker are 64.2’’ x 28’’ x 9’’(L x W x H)
• Maximum weight capacity of the product is 264 lbs.
• Bottom part, pedals, and handles of this air walker machine are covered with ABS to make it more comfortable
• For extra stability, it comes with anti-slip foot platforms
- • Goplus Air Walker is a great quality machine with the finest look and very affordable price.
- • Storage of this air walker is convenient. It is very easy and quick to assemble, instructions come with the box.
- • This is a strong and well-built machine which contains a durable steel frame, this gives more convenience for exercising and storage
- • A machine works great for muscles intensifying and to perform cardiovascular endurance.
6. Weslo Air Walker Machine:
The Weslo Air Walker provides low-impact exercise session with a natural gliding motion.
• It is a frictionless gliding exercise machine which strengthens muscles by burning calories
• Comes with a pair of oversized foot platforms which is connected to arm attachments and oversized grips
• This low-impact design machine is really easy on the joints. It contains EKG thumb grips that track pulse rate
• The dimensions of Weslo Air Walker are 32 x 53 x 38 inches (W x H x D)
• The weight of this air walker is 65 lbs.
• It helps you keep healthy and fit with a total body workout at home. The product also includes a single LCD console and heart rate monitor.
- Weslo Air Walker is the frictionless gliding machine. For stability, this Air Walker is stimulated with a pair of arm attachments, cushioned handgrips and also a pair of huge foot platforms. By moving the arm and pedals attachments, your legs will slide back and forth.
- It is not a costly machine as compared to another exercise machine. The workout result it gives is an actual calorie-burning. It provides an aerobic workout that allows you to work on your upper and lower body.
- This Weslo air walker machine elevates your flexibility, shapes your gluteal muscles, and enhances your strength. This product works best for users with joint problems and other issues. Because of its low-impact design, working on it is easier than walking or running outdoors.
- It comes with a foldaway design which can be easy storage in a closet, cupboard and any small area. The maximum weight capacity of Weslo Air Walker is 250 lbs.
7. Akona Elliptical Glider Machine Exercise Trainer:
Anza Elliptical Trainer delivers extra amenity and added stability to provide an ideal workout for all kind of users.
• The equipment gives you a total body workout with non-skid foot platforms
• This machine allows you to burn those unwanted calories and build your cardiovascular system
• It produces less stress and strain on your body by low-impact workout
• It can be folded quickly for easy storage
• Maximum weight capacity of Aknoza Elliptical Trainer is 250 lbs.
• It comes with a 5-function workout computer that records distance, speed, time, and more
• Overall Dimension of the air walker is 44-1/2″(L) x 29″(W) x 52″(H)
- Complete range of motion is provided by patented, dual-action split suspension of the machine. Electronic display gives the complete info about distance, time and calories burnt during exercises.
- This is a high-performance exercise glider which improves cardiovascular system with unsurpassed range of motion. The best thing about this equipment is that without any sudden stop it can go from slow walk to full run conveniently.
- Gives you a total body workout; building your cardiovascular system, and burning those unwanted calories
- It works for all fitness levels and ages, allows you to focus on stretching and strengthening your muscles. This also gives 90 degrees maximum amplitude of the swing pedal.
8. Stamina 9161 Thigh Trainer:
Stamina 9161 Thigh Trainer is a little steep in price at $200 and would easily fit into your home.
• For easy grip support, this comes with padded handles, these handles provide support during long, intense workouts
• This Air Walker contains a monitor which tracks all the basic fitness data to keep you fit, healthy and motivated. The computer shows readings of time, count, calories, and distance
• The product can easily be folded for smart and tidy storage.
• This can tone almost all parts of your lower body and legs
• Dimensions of Stamina 9161 Thigh Trainer is 31.25L x 22.25W x 46.75H in..
- Stamina 9161 Air Walker offers extra comfort and reduces the strain on your body through padded grip handles which makes workout session fun and pleasure.
- To achieve consistent results you can adjust your workout session, the attached monitor shows calories burnt to total time spent working out
- The machine keeps your core stable and strong by providing an effective lower-body workout. Stamina 9161 helps your lungs and heart to work throughout as you sculpt and work on your thighs, legs, and other core muscle groups
- Equipment comes with secure foot pedals which have a non-skid surface, this feature keeps you steady and safe during the workout.
- This Air Walker keeps your pelvis in good health which is essential for your health because if it deteriorates, a person would experience issues with walking and facing mobility in general.
9. ProGear 360 Dual Action Stride Air Walker:
ProGear 360 Dual Action Stride Air Walker is a smart machine that keeps you fit in low budget.
• It can provide you an excellent cardiovascular workout with adjustable rear floor stabilizers
• The Air Walker LS can be folded and is perfect for storage in limited spaces or in a closet.
• Product dimensions of this Air Walker is 34 L x 20 W x 52 H inches
• It has 2.75 inches Tubular Steel Frame with transportation Wheels Included
• This machine is Super Quiet, makes it convenient to watch tv etc.
• It offers 1 Year Limited Warranty
• It delivers 180-degree range of motion which has specifically been included for leg exercises.
- The product comes with an exceptional 36 inches stride length which allows you to work on your hamstrings, stretch your leg muscles, and thus improving flexibility, even more effectively than most elliptical trainers.
- Inner and outer thigh exercises can be done with ProGear Air Walker LS. This utilizes side to side leg stretches. It sure provides an effective workout with real results
- The ProGear Dual Action 360 Multi Direction Air Walker LS gives no impact on knees, ankles and leg joints during the workout.
- The Air Walker delivers a unique continuous multi-directional motion which provides variety of leg exercises. You can not only simulate a slow walk and but also work up to a full run with complete freedom.
- Thanks to its dual-action arms, you can get a complete workout of lower as well as upper body. The weight of the equipment is 45 lbs. and it can support up to 225lbs. This also works for people who are up to 6 feet tall.
There are multiple kinds of air walkers available in the market. Different brands offer different specifications and benefits with different prices. We have discussed the best way to pick an air walker along with top 9 air walkers with their features, take guide from the discussion and choose according to your workout requirements.